XP loads USB dvr each time I plug scanner in

THE DAVE 23:40 06 Feb 06

Even though the Belkin driver is already loaded.
XP Pro wants to load the windows Root Hub USB dvr each time I plug the ( Belkin ) scanner in.

Can I force XP to use the Belkin driver and stop the "load driver" message coming up?

Thanks.

Dave.

Wuggy 00:07 07 Feb 06

What happens if you leave the scanner connected to your PC?

Stuartli 00:35 07 Feb 06

My Epson printer does exactly the same.

Each time I switch it on, it does the usual bongs for a USB device being enabled.

The only way to avoid your situation is to leave the scanner permanently connected.

johnnyrocker 00:40 07 Feb 06

and if short of ports get a powered hub, it looks like your pc is recognizing a change in usb port from that which you used previously?

johnny.

Skyver 00:41 07 Feb 06

Lexmark printers do the same thing, asking for drivers if you accidentally unplug/replug the USB cable.

johnnyrocker 00:50 07 Feb 06

yep they hog all usb ports at once

johnny

fly_boy_201 00:53 07 Feb 06

I found that this only happened to me when i plugged the device into a different usb port [usb 2].

once i had plugged it into every port it stopped happening, however XP always "bing bongs" when you either plug something in it knows about or switch something on it knows about. the "bing bong" does not necessarily mean its loading the driver again unless you see it doing a long series of ballon information displays.

so is it just "bing bong" 'ing or doing a load of "new device found" ballons?

Totally-braindead 12:48 07 Feb 06

Not sure if this is relevant but when I connected my Epson 680 printer to the PC, windows insisted on installing its own drivers even though I put the latest Epson ones on. If I deleted the windows installation the next time the printer was switched on it would again insist on installing its own drivers even though the newest Epson ones were installed.
The solution in my case for this was to have 2 Epson 680 printers installed, ignore the windows installation and use the newest version as the default printer. Don't know if you can do the same with your hub or not.

THE DAVE 22:12 07 Feb 06

Have opted for "do not use this device" in Control Panel, Device properties.
This stops XP re-finding the PCI-Usb card every time.
It's only when the scanner is switched on that XP wants to load the USB Root Hub Dvr again.
Will have to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…