XP Loading Screens & XP Themes - Some help please!

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 20:47 29 Sep 05

Evening all, can someone tell me the quickest and easiest way to restore the original Windows XP loading screen? I've installed so many skinning progs and the like that I've forgotten which one has given me the current fake Windows Vista loading screen.

Also, I have stacks of Windows Styles, which if I double click on, get added to the dropdown menu of available styles, but then when I try to select them at a later time, they're not there. Do I need to install them in some way?

Thanks lots guys and gals.

Oh, also, do any of you have any recommendations for some stylish styles for windows? I've had a browse through DeviantArt.com and have found some to my liking, but would like some recommendations!

De Marcus™ 20:48 29 Sep 05

Do you have bootskin installed?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 20:49 29 Sep 05

Nope, should I?

De Marcus™ 20:50 29 Sep 05

No, just asking, perhaps stylexp?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 20:52 29 Sep 05

Hmm, I think it got there from a Windows Vista themed install, and although I want to restore the loading screen, I don't want to loose the the styles I had installed with it.

Does that make sense, and if so, how do I do this?

De Marcus™ 20:54 29 Sep 05

Can you give us any info on where the theme come from? A program or something that might look familiar in the start menu that might make such a change?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 20:58 29 Sep 05

I don't think it was a particular program, but an XP transformation pack of some sort. There's an uninstall for it in Add/Remove Programs but I don't want to loose all of its changes.

De Marcus™ 21:05 29 Sep 05

I'm wandering into unknown territory, all I can suggest is you uninstall the transformation pack. Ther are plenty less intrusive vista styled add-ons you can install as an option.

sharkfin 21:09 29 Sep 05

Hi,

You can try installing BootSkin from Stardock: click here and theres an option to disable and restore original Boot Image.

Hope it helps.

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 21:30 29 Sep 05

OK, I've managed to uninstall the Longhorn transformation pack, but I've now lost all those beautiful styles that VISTA will have.

Anyone know the best way of getting them back on my machine, and where to get them from?

Cheers, and thanks for your help with this one!

Methedrine 22:16 29 Sep 05

click here for Glass2k.

click here for all kinds of skins, wallpapers and the like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…