XP licenses

stevedunham 23:36 03 Jan 04

I'm building a new pc for my son and need an O/S. Can you get windows XP on a student license, if so where. Any suggestions anyone?

Bazz2000 23:55 03 Jan 04

My only suggestion mate is to e-mail microsoft.

beeuuem 00:11 04 Jan 04

It would appear from click here that O/S are not available under a student licence.

Djohn 00:14 04 Jan 04

Insight used to do a student/teacher XP Pro. upgrade for £39.00 but I've just had a look for you and for some reason they have increased the price to the same as anyone else. :o(

Sir Radfordin 00:28 04 Jan 04

Think you will find that only upgrade liceneces are available (and then only under certain circumstances) so your best bet is going to come from buying OEM licences.

Lead 05:45 04 Jan 04

Like Djohn says, Insight used to sell an Educational Upgrade version of Windows XP Pro, but they no longer have it shown. It's where I bought mine and, surprisingly, there weren't any checks for eligibility.

Keep checking though, it might come back.

mrdsgs 10:57 04 Jan 04

I have bought xp pro oem full version (not academic or upgrade)with disk and license in sealed packs for £95 and I still have 2. They came from a retailer but were bought with machines. I bought 12 for a network but only used 10 as we kept w2000 on 2 machines.

I could be persuaded to sell one! with "a piece of hardware to justify the oem license"

mrdsgs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…