xp licence help

rsturbo 15:28 09 Oct 03

have oem xp pro licence and cd, i am upgrading my motherboard will i still be able to use my xp pro?

yes u will no problem at all m8.....

SEASHANTY 15:50 09 Oct 03

See what this website has to say on OEM copies of Windows tied to original PC click here

hugh-265156 16:25 09 Oct 03

i know on packard bell computers with recovery discs or hidden partition, if the motherboard is changed windows will not install.it thinks its a different computer.

if your new mobo supports dmi writing then booting from the recovery disc and hitting esc to get to dos you can type:

Q:\DRIVERS\TATTOO /CREATEDMIFROMHS press enter and it will then pause for a few seconds and say tattoo complete and let you install windows on the new board.

this only applies to packard bell pcs.

TECHNODIMWIT 16:36 09 Oct 03

Yes

Due to a faulty batch of board, my computer was recalled by the college.

Couldn't reactivate by internet, i had to ring Microsoft. No problems all they needed to know was the first block of digits on the code, and my
license number. No more questions, and gave me a new activation code.

Djohn 16:49 09 Oct 03

Yes it should activate OK, even an OEM version. If by any chance it does not do so automatically, then a quick call to Microsoft explaining the failure of motherboard and need to fit a new one will suffice. As TECHNODIMWIT says, quite painless.

rsturbo 21:36 09 Oct 03

will be replacing asus with msi over next week or so.

thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…