Xp keeps on Freezing.....

Gareth2303 22:03 03 Jun 05

I noticed this problem a while ago but never thought much of it... Now... when i try to rush my pc it freezes.
Everything runs as normal but when I try to run Carom3D(A 3d online pool game) it freezes up almost instantly when a game starts but not on the menus... Maybe a graphics problem?
Also my pc started up and i right clicked the "Blue Bar," It froze again...

Specs:
Amd Athlon 1.25Ghz
20GB Hd-
256mb Ram
Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

Is This A common problem with sp2??

Smegs 22:52 03 Jun 05

For a start, you should have 512mb to run Xp. Is the G/Card 64 or 128mb. Does it freeze on other games???

Gareth2303 09:29 04 Jun 05

Yea...i really need some ram upgrades.
I changed some graphics settings from 32bit to 16bit and all seems right. Fingers Crossed

Gareth2303 13:35 04 Jun 05

Same problem again...i was on my pc chatting to a friend and again it froze up
When i say froze up i mean completly wouldn't work..my pc wouldn't respond and ctrlaltdel wouldn't work

Gareth2303 14:23 04 Jun 05

I went into the event viewer to check what has been recorde and all i see are lines of red x's..

It says- Error-DISK-Event15

There are seventeen of these in a row and then 3 other things:
They say- Information-Application Popup Event 26..

There are many many errors down this list and after all of these are the 3 application popups.

Please help me so that if i know that something in my pc is hammered i can get it fixed asap..
Help GREATLY appreciated

Gareth2303 15:29 04 Jun 05

I finally got it fixed.....

I had a Coolermaster Fan on my processor which was making funny noises...I had a sneaky suspicion thats what it was anyways...
I took it off and put on an old coolermaster that i had........

PROBLEM SOLVED...CAUSE: COOLING ISSUES

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…