XP keep hearing single mouse clic while not using

Ive 11:08 31 Oct 03

why do I keep hearing this when mouse is not being used.

Ive 11:44 31 Oct 03

somebody must have an answer please

SGT BARNES 12:03 31 Oct 03

is the clicking coming through your speakers

SGT BARNES 17:26 31 Oct 03

"Message
Yes just the same as when you clic with the mouse.It makes you think someone is looking at things on your comp without you knowing"

check you sound otptions and check that the "line in" (if your not using it) is muted and the same with "mic"

i've got a tv card with a cable going into the line in socket and when the card is not being used it does make some background noise when i move the mouse

accord 18:41 31 Oct 03

i get this when i am on some websites, i think it is sending/ receiving something, i dont know what though. my firewall isnt picking up anything which is out of the ordinary so i ignore it.

Limehouse 18:55 31 Oct 03

Well it is Halloween!!!! Sorry couldn't resist it.

FEISAR 20:40 31 Oct 03

Go to click here and test your firewall if in doubt.

kuhbler 20:56 31 Oct 03

I think this is to do with the website trying to load ads. Is this happening on EVERY site or just certain ones?

I noticed this earlier, that a site I was on was clicking every few seconds. I realised that it was trying to load a new ad in the bottom of the window. Does it happen on the Channel Five site here : click here& if it does then I guess it is the ad at the bottom of the page. Don't know how to stop it though. I have all the ads blocked it the site still tries, bless it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced