XP-Iso Builder

guesswho2 17:49 11 Jun 08

Has anyone played with this?
It requires copying the Windows XP recovery disc to a temporary folder - but I don't know how to do that!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 11 Jun 08

"With WinFuture xp-Iso-Builder 3 you can extend your Windows CD with many useful functions. It does not matter, if you're running Windows 2000, XP or 2003 - WinFuture xp-Iso-Builder integrates the latest Service Pack or system files, that allow using unauthorized visual styles and more. You can add drivers for your system's hardware, too."

I don't think you can use a recovery disk it states Windows CD.

Most people I know have use nlite to slipstream XP, sp3 and drivers to a CD.

guesswho2 18:38 11 Jun 08

Hi Fruit Bat.
Well, maybe I was wrong - again!
I was under the impression that it would convert my Evesham recovery disc to a 'proper' XP disc. But no matter. I don't have a problem currently and was simply investigating.

jolorna 21:00 11 Jun 08

the screenshot has a button for using recovery disc, but then not all recovery discs have the operating system on it, some are just pointing to the hidden partion, if its a free download you could always just give it a try

guesswho2 17:14 12 Jun 08

Thanks jolorna. This is not a life or death thing so I'll maybe continue to 'play' with it. I'll mark this Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…