Xp Internet security 2010 virus

casper69 23:07 01 Mar 10

Hey all

I'm having to do this from my phone so bear with me, I just had this xp Internet security 2010 thing come up on my desktop saying all this Trojan stuff anyone have any ideas to get rid of it ?

Cheers

Sea Urchin 00:34 02 Mar 10

In fact you need to scroll down a little further to Automated Removal Instructions - you will see that you need more than one program downloaded. Malwarebytes on its own will NOT remove this rogue program.

Sea Urchin 00:36 02 Mar 10

They also need to be downloaded to removable media - disk or flash drive.

casper69 19:41 02 Mar 10

Hi guys

apologise for the late reply i have very limited internet access.

gone on my pc just now and my kaspersky virus scan will not work programs bring up the open with box to select a program and my control panel i can not open anything, can i still use the download if i use an removable media?

also how can the this rogue got on to my pc would of someone have to of installed it i.e. me or someone who uses my pc?

cheers

anniesboy 19:51 02 Mar 10

This may help
click here

casper69 19:37 04 Mar 10

Hi all

Tried the downloads but my pc wont install them and keeps coming up with open with,

i think some where along the lines files have been deleted.

whats my next step?

will i need to transfer all my pics etc to ext hard drive and then use my xp disc to reset everything?

cheers

MAJ 19:46 04 Mar 10

Go here click here click on Line 12, download and run the file on the infected computer, that should let you run Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM), after rebooting your computer. If the downloaded file wont run in normal mode, run it in Safe Mode.

phil.s 14:17 06 May 10

I got infected last week with this and Norton did remove a couple of trojans. I also ran SpyBot and Adaware but my browser was still being redirected. Last night I bit the bullet and ran Hitman Pro 3.5 which found trojans in four different places, all hidden in a file "SIQSRX.DLL". Hitman said they were removed but it looks like it just flushed them out from hiding as Norton then detected and quarantined it as Trojan.Gen.

The redirection has now stopped BUT there is a red error at startup, in four directories:-

"SIQSRX.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please check against your installation diskette."

I am somewhat reluctant to reboot the PC again as it is now working OK!

Anyone know what this file does and if it can be deleted??

Thanks

phil.s 14:19 06 May 10

I got infected last week with this and Norton did remove a couple of trojans. I also ran SpyBot and Adaware but my browser was still being redirected. Last night I bit the bullet and ran Hitman Pro 3.5 which found trojans in four different places, all hidden in a file "SIQSRX.DLL". Hitman said they were removed but it looks like it just flushed them out from hiding as Norton then detected and quarantined it as Trojan.Gen.

The redirection has now stopped BUT there is a red error at startup, in four directories:-

"SIQSRX.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please check against your installation diskette."

I am somewhat reluctant to reboot the PC again as it is now working OK!

Anyone know what this file does and if it can be deleted??

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac