XP - internet downloads, which file?

flumps 11:43 21 Feb 04

hello
i have just got a new PC which has XP installed. today i tried to download study notes of the internet in the form of a pps file. the download icon appeared in the bottom left hand corner and the file seemed to download, once download was complete the icon disappeared, but no options appeared for opening the file. my problem is where (which folder?) has this file been downloaded to on my PC?? i have tried all the usual places and tried search but can't find it, i am new to XP.
thanks

Jester2K 11:47 21 Feb 04

When you downloaded the note you would have been asked for a folder to save it in. Thats where the files will be.

I suggest you set up a new folder on the C Drive called Downloads and then when prompted for a Save location navigate to the Downloads folder.

flumps 12:09 21 Feb 04

thats what so strange it didn't ask me which floder i wanted to save to, it just started downloading, without any promts before or after.

Jester2K 12:10 21 Feb 04

Do you have Powerpoint installed? Maybe the file is suppossed to open after download but without PP installed nothing happens.

flumps 12:18 21 Feb 04

yes i do have power point, still zilch. on my old PC i had real download and all downloads came via this route, so i could control files as they were being downloaded, pause, delete, save how i wished. as an alternative could i get real download back again? i had a look on the real site and couldn't locate the free version, would you know where i could download it from? or another free alternative.

Jester2K 12:23 21 Feb 04

Fresh Download click here - free and no adware.

accord 12:23 21 Feb 04

i think by default everything downloaded goes into my documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…