XP Installation won't load after Upgrade

digi man 14:00 15 Jul 05

Hi,

Can anyone help with this one?

I have just upgraded a Presario 5441 to 20Gb and am unable to install XP onto it. I installed and formatted the HDD and it is set to cable select.

Each time I try it comes up with the error code:

IRQ not less or equal, XXX Stop: 0x0000000A0xFFBE000,0XOOOOOOO2,0X807D4AD4

I have also increased the ram by 256mb, I have 2 pc's running ATA hardware and am wondering if I could install the IDE disc onto one of these to install that way.

Thanks

Steve

mattyc_92 14:01 15 Jul 05

Are you sure the motherboard can cope with the upgrades?

lotvic 15:17 15 Jul 05

it is possible that it is the ram, try it in another slot, or take it out altogether, other than that it could be a mulitude of other things as on this hardware forum thread click here

woodchip 15:24 15 Jul 05

Set the Drive to master if it's the only Hard Drive then go into BIOS set computer to boot from CD if it's not too old a computer. Start with XP disc in comp

T0SH 18:55 15 Jul 05

IRQ errors of this sort are usually caused by device driver problems , first thing to do is remove any hardware devices not required to boot your PC , this can be done by removing sound ,modem ,network cards , disable any onboard ones from BIOS setup , this should allow XP setup to complete ,you can then replace them one at a time

I hope this helps

Cheers HC

digi man 14:43 16 Jul 05

Thanks everyone for the input, I am currently working through all suggestions. The link from Lotvic is particularly useful. It appears to be a good site.

Tosh's suggestion is the one I am currently at, have removed the modem, but the Bios won't let me access the onboard ones. Although it does list the IRQ's number from 1 upwards, which does not give me any clues as to which one could be the IRQ C.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 16 Jul 05

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…