xp installation problems

kennyc 22:41 08 Feb 05

please help!
system:
k8s-mx asus motherboard, amd athlon 64 processor,asus v9400 graphics card, 512 mb ram
i currently have xp pro installed on a maxtor 20gb hard drive, however i originally wanted to install on a 80gb ( hitachi) drive i purchased.
at the start of installation i kept getting the blue screen with error message "unmountable boot volume" after various checks checks such as removing graphics card etc, i thought (and the shop bought from) it was a faulty hard drive. however the same thing happened with a replacement and then again with a maxtor 120gb drive. strangely i tryed another 10gb drive and it installed no problems. why is there a problem with a larger drive? i have checked for the correct cable (80 wire) and also have two cd/dvd drives on a 40 wire cable if that makes any differance. i would appreciate if someone could shed any light on the matter!

stalion 22:44 08 Feb 05

info here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…