XP Installation problem

progolfer 12:45 17 Oct 06

Hi,

After getting my PC infected with spyware/malware and having all sorts of pop-ups, etc. I decided to format my hard drive and re-install XP to give the machine a fresh start.

Using my Recovery Disk (floppy) and Master CDs I went through the usual procedure - ran all 3 CDs then when prompted ejcected the disks and re-booted. I got to the end of the black screen phase - with message on screen (something like) 'checking hardware configuration'. Then it went to a blue screen with message (something like' 'Install Files' - but it stalls here and won't go any further. I've left it like this over night to see if it will proceed after a while but unfortunately it doesn't.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Is there any way I can install XP onto the hard drive by using it as a slave in another machine and then puting it back into the original machine? I have a working XP disk if necessary. Likewise if I set the hard drive as a master in a different machine and re installed XP usinfg this disk?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:48 17 Oct 06

Is there any way I can install XP onto the hard drive by using it as a slave in another machine and then puting it back into the original machine. Likewise if I set the hard drive as a master in a different machine and re installed XP usinfg this disk?

Not really as drivers for motherboard will be wrong and will probably not boot when put in other machine.

Try your recovery right from the start agin and see if it sticks at the same place.

installing on another machine can be done with difficulty but you will ned to disable some drivers before placing in new machine.Drivers to disable BEFORE changing motherboard
click here

Pamy 17:54 17 Oct 06

After formatting, why did you not just put your windows cd in the drive and install it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac