xp installation issues

ScorbyDoo 19:12 31 Dec 04

I am having massive problems with analogue video capture, which i won't bore you with! The result of this is that I am occasionally performing clean installs. Recently I have been having problems reinstalling xp .when it gets to the file installation stage I get random error messages claiming it cannot find certain files and asking me to insert the cd!! I ended up taking the pc in and having a RAM problem fixed and the technician claimed he had installed everything fine. Recently I did another clean install and had the same issue. Using an alternative disk doesn't work, so it's not that the disk is faulty. Seems to be the install process is not reading and copying the files somehow. Anybody got any idea what this might be about. it makes me feel quite nervy about doing another clean install in case I can't sort it. By the way I eventually got everything to install by clicking cancel lots when asked if I wanted to proceed anyway and then repaired the (presumably incomplete) installation.

Ta

Chris

howard60 19:17 31 Dec 04

you could try copying the xp cd to a folder on your hard drive and install from there. Happy New year.

jimv7 19:31 31 Dec 04

Try another cdrom, it could also relate to ram/cpu or hard drive going down.

1514 20:19 31 Dec 04

When everything is working perfectly, then make a True Image of it with Acronis True Image and save yourself some hassle.
(If you are having trouble with installing "V-Stream TV-PVR" Click to install just the once and then wait about five minutes for it to start, otherwise you get it trying to install many times at once. Just a guess as I get that trouble with mine!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…