XP installation error

instant^mash 00:19 26 Jun 03

Has anyone had any experience with this error:

SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file D:\1386\asms\1000\MSFT\Windows\GDIPLUS.MAN on line 4

I get to the bit were it has re-booted and is about to start installing windows, then this...

Thanks in advance,

TC

Djohn 01:12 26 Jun 03

Copy/paste the exact message you have reported above into Google, it will give you one link only.

Click on that link and read the tenth post down the list. The question is exactly the same as yours, two post down from that is a link leading to the possible answer.
j.

instant^mash 07:06 26 Jun 03

Thanks Djohn,

I tried that first of all, unfortunately, it doesnt help exactly with the error I received, although its very similar!

TC

JoeC 09:11 26 Jun 03

typing

SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file

into Google and you will get more hits - one is this link.

click here

Might help you.

instant^mash 14:33 26 Jun 03

Thanks JoeC,

I found this,

click here

and this,

click here

I'm unsure how to proceed, my main concern being that I'm attempting this install with new hardware - mobo + ram. I really dont want to find that the hardware is faulty!

Legolas 14:37 26 Jun 03

I have been reading latetly that there can be an issue when installing or reinstalling XP and memory sticks. I had this problem when trying to reinstall XP a while ago although my error messages did not match yours, it is worth a try if you have more than one memory stick try taking one out and then installing.

instant^mash 16:54 26 Jun 03

Thanks,

I have 2x pc3200 in at present, I'll try that.

instant^mash 10:13 08 Jul 03

Hello,

The solution was simple - hardware incompatability! The memory didnt like the processor, in fact the mobo didnt like the p4 much either. I know have my new 2.4c and everything is good.

TC
:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…