XP Installation

Wessie 13:00 03 Sep 03

i am trying to install a fresh installation of windows xp on my computer but i cannot do it for some reason. Firstly i try to setup from dos but the cd wont allow me to. then i type in cd i386, then winnt and get a setup menu. when i try to install windows xp a few files copy over. The it say windows start up and then says that a EMA file cannot be found and then cancels the setup.
WOT DO I DO???????????? HELP!

hugh-265156 13:03 03 Sep 03

for xp,just set you cdrom drive as the first boot device in the bios,pop in your windows disc and follow instructions.or have a look click here

Philip2 13:18 03 Sep 03

To install XP from dos you will require the six floppy disks you can download from Microsoft.
Why are you typing pci386 you only use this if you have ACPI errors.

Djohn 14:48 03 Sep 03

As huggyg71 says, go into BIOS and set your CD drive as "First bootable disk". Reboot your PC with XP CD in the drive, then when asked, "press any key to install". Do so! XP will format your drive and begin install of new O/S.

Your PC will re-boot twice during install, you will see a massage on screen to "Press any key to boot from CD"

Don't!

After the first time of pressing a key to install, the files will be on your hard drive, and if you continue to keep pressing "Any key" you will be in an endless loop of installing. leave it for 10 seconds and it will continue automatically past the CD to install from the hard drive j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…