XP Install

dazza39 16:21 31 Aug 07

My son recently got a new computer which was working great no problems,until he installed Nero CD Burning software and updated it,now he seems to have lost Monitor signal?, and cant load up,he's tried XP repair but during process that just hangs to and won't complete???, any ideas.
Thanks
Dazza

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 31 Aug 07

Anything on it you can't affod to lose?

If not then restore to factory settings as per the manufactures handbook.

dazza39 23:32 31 Aug 07

Think the problem is Graphic card drivers he has a Geforce 8800GT type card,when i uninstalled them i was able to ge into windows ok.

woodchip 23:38 31 Aug 07

So can you still getinto Windows on the Computer? If you can Do a System Restore to before he put the software on

dazza39 15:28 03 Sep 07

That doesn't explain why when i go to install the graphic card drivers,the screen goes blank and you can hear windows booting up??? and i lose display.

woodchip 19:02 03 Sep 07

have you first removed the old drivers before updating?

dazza39 11:43 04 Sep 07

Woodchip,yes this was a clean install and re-format so old drivers shouldn't have been issue?.

woodchip 16:07 04 Sep 07

As you say it must be NERO messed it up. Can you just do a System Restore to Before NERO

dazza39 11:48 12 Sep 07

Would you believe it,do you know what it was in the end ,not software related,the monitor cable was conflicting with graphics card,unusaul problemso once it what cahnged,het presto everything is fine now.

Darrin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…