XP install?

bananaz 19:44 05 Aug 06

Hi, im trying to install XP onto an old PC that i have just aquired from a friend. As far as they can tell me, the PC was rebuilt some time ago (after blowing up) & they 'think' that it had XP on it before, but used to have windows 98 on it. It has been totally wiped since then. This seems to be a really old PC & the only info i can see on this dinosaur is that it has, 1024 RAM & 2 HD (1x 10 Gb & 1x 40Gb).
I have tried a few times to install XP home, which all goes well, until it re-boots to continue the rest of the installation. This causes the fossil machine to start all over again from the beginning 'a catch 22 situation'. I have pressed the 'delete' key to get me into the bios & altered them to boot from the Cd ROM first & IDE 0 second (IDE is drive C '40Gb HD'). I have looked through many posts within this forum & have had no luck in finding a solution.
Ever so sorry that i cant supply any more info about this hunk of junk, other than the clock speed is 800Mhz.
HELP!!
Thanks in advance kind ppl.

bananaz 19:53 05 Aug 06

Sorry, cancel all that, ive just sorted it 'i hope'.
Pressed F2 & double checked that the hard drives were recognised.....Nope, they wasnt, but now they are....Thus the XP Home edition is now installing as it should.
Kind regards.

wolfie3000 20:15 05 Aug 06

lol well we all do it, post a problem then sort it two minutes after,

Good to see you put up the solution for further referance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…