xp install

yorkieman 13:58 15 Nov 05

i hope some expert can help me, i have installed xp on a pc have i have been given, every thing went well except when it installed the display on screen it is just a mass of colors like a rainbow and i cannot make out the text on screen. it had xp installed before but i formatted it with my xp disc. what have i done wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 15 Nov 05

Incorrect display adaptor.

If it is fully installed try booting to safe mode (F8) after Post screen, remove the display drivers and let XP reinstall a basic driver.

See if it will then boot normally ok then install your graphics card driver.

yorkieman 01:38 16 Nov 05

thanks fruit bat but can you go into more detail?what am i looking for and where

Skyver 01:42 16 Nov 05

Hit F8 a few times before you see the XP logo, choose Safe Mode from the menu, once Windows has loaded go to Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager, under the Display Adapters heading there ought to an entry relating to your graphics hardware, right click it and select Uninstall, reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…