xp, ics, and xbox live?

second best 13:56 04 Jan 05

hello, i have managed to sort out a network using a router and three other xboxes, we can all play online fine. i would now like to share my connection with my pc using ics. i have all i need, i just need to know how to go about making it work. connection as follows:

internet, modem, router, pc, to xbox with rj45 crossover. i have tried : 'allow others to connect thru this comp' but i can't get a dns response when trying to connect to live.

must be somethign simple i know, such as manually seeting isp and dns in xbox console. only reply if you know please, i can guess myself. thanks.

Maverick81 14:13 04 Jan 05

I have a similar setup at home and I run all of mine through a cheap adsl modem router, its a great little piece of kit and only cost £45
I didnt want to use ICS because various programs I use on the web wouldnt work with it.

The router shares out your connection between all the devices connected to it via DHCP and acts as a kind of server (mine even has a virtual email server and firewall)

A router is the way to go

Cheers, Mav

second best 14:17 04 Jan 05

er... thanks mav, but if you read my thread, i have a router :)) and i have had three replies on other similar threads from people without solutions, just other methods. money is an issue a tthe moment, i want ics. thanks.

second best 14:20 04 Jan 05

router has 4 ports and they're all taken up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…