XP Home...Repair Console

Chris,M 18:36 18 Apr 05

I have Windows XP Home pre SP2 CD-ROM although I have SP2 on a seperate CD-ROM.
If the circumstances arise whereby I need to go to use the repair console (by inserting the Windows CD-ROM disc and rebooting thereby selecting the rapair console function, Windows will then advise me that as I have a newer version of Windows installed (by installing SP2 this makes your O/S a newer version) and I cannot proceed further. In other words the Repair Console is denied me.
Do I now need to UNINSTALL SP2 to be able to access the Repair Console from my Windows XP Home CD-ROM? Is it the case that if I install SP2 then my XP Home CD-ROM is now redundant?
I also hear on the grape vine that Microsoft are soon to enforce users of XP to HAVE to install SP2 whether they like it or not - is there any truth in this?
If the above is true then surely this is a way for Microsoft to get yet more revenue out of the consumer by issuing a service (SP2), encouraging all to install such, thereby making your pre issuance SP2 Edition redundant. This situation really only affects those that build and load their own systems - or amI completely wrong?
If so then apologies to Microsoft!

VoG II 18:49 18 Apr 05

I am not aware of the scenario that you describe.

Why not slipstream SP2 click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 18 Apr 05

Make your slef a slipstreamed version of your XP home and SP2 click here

Chris,M 19:13 18 Apr 05

Thanks for the speedy response - will do a slipsteam excercise. Also just ordered a new XP Pro with SP2 and decided to do a complete hardware upgrade and load anew.

Also there is a great free site called click here which answers most of the questions on this site. Very useful especially when it comes to MSC Services configuration or both XP Home and Pro. Also has patches and Registry Tweaks that are very useful (always backup your Registry before editing etc)

Chris,M 19:16 18 Apr 05

Type is a link to Blackviper and checked it and it sends you to another completely different site. Type Blackviper in your search engine and have a look.

VoG II 19:18 18 Apr 05
  Chris,M 19:28 18 Apr 05

Thanks VoG.

It seems that Network Solutions has perhaps aquired Black Viper and is rebuilding the website.Pity really as it was a good and useful site as it was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…