xp home will not boot up

dolby49 11:33 03 Feb 07

My XP HOME will now not boot up. The first problem i noticed was a pop up that warned me that my hard drive was nearly full depite having 8gb free. I then got the message again the next day. I did a virus scan, restore, scandisk etc, all the usual things. It now wont boot beyond the POST screen and just freezes. I tried another PSU,changed the motherboard, checked the RAM all to no avail.I tried the HD in another computer and it worked after several boots. I did a xp repair, and it worked on the other PC. When i put it back in mine it crashed again at the same point! Can anybody suggest an answer because i am stumped?

howard64 18:27 03 Feb 07

this could be that your drive is dying or the mbr is damaged . If you have another drive can you boot from that with your drive as slave. This will allow you to copy your data you could then format the drive and reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…