xp home upgrade

chippy+ 21:29 26 Nov 07

hi i have a pc with xp home upgrade version i am in the process of building a new pc can i install my upgrade version on the new pc
thanks Chippy

sihart 22:12 26 Nov 07

Chippy+,

Your existing copy of XP Home upgrade will have been activated on your existing PC and will therefore not activate on another.

You will be able to install it, but only with 30 days use.

If you are not going to use the old PC anymore then you are effectivly upgrading your hardware and you could install on the new PC and use Microsoft's activate by telephone process. Choose this method when prompted to activate and phone numbers will be displayed.

sihart 22:15 26 Nov 07

Forgot to say that since it is an upgarde you will need a cd of a qualifying product, eg Win 98. You don't have to install it first, just put the CD in the CDROM drive when prompted.

chippy+ 22:25 26 Nov 07

Hi sihart thanks for the reply the old pc will be used for spare parts as the motherboard has some popped capacitors and is on it's way out so the os will no longer be on the pc i have both W98 and W98SE official discs thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…