XP Home upgrade

basell 18:51 17 Jun 06

Anybody tried to install XP home upgrade over Millennium. Both genuine Microsoft discs purchased from PC world. I’m having a problem after XP is installed and the computer restarts it checks my drive and tries to correct any faults but it just checks for hours and never starts. Any help appreciated.

VoG II 18:57 17 Jun 06

Is click here the message?

prima12 19:05 17 Jun 06

For my future reference'My Postings'. P

basell 19:07 17 Jun 06

No XP is installed but when the computer restarts it checks the drive for errors and renames the error but it just keeps doing it. I have removed XP and will try again to install. Thanks for your link I will try if I get the same problem.

Diodorus Siculus 19:10 17 Jun 06

You can do a clean install of XP - if it is an upgrade CD, you will have to put int he Me CD at one time to show that you are eligible for the upgrade.

That way you will get a better and cleaner install.

basell 19:21 18 Jun 06

I removed XP because it was renumbering the errors and used about 15GB of the disc. I defragmented the disc and reinstalled XP, which worked OK. Unfortunately there must be still files that I can’t find and delete as it has used up a lot of disc. The files I think are under system volume but I can’t find or see them. Any help appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…