XP Home teething problems no.2

Wrighty 00:41 01 Mar 03

Hi there,

This is an additional request for help and must be read in conjunction with XP Home teething problems.

I have cheacked with Microsoft with latest error report after PC shutsdown and restarts all by itself. The box appears on restart and says that there is a serious problem. i sent error report and Microsoft say it is a Device driver problem. All my drivers are Microsoft digitally signed to work with my current OS. Windows set it up for my hardware. Only driver the computer did not reconise is Modem, but I installed the latest XP drivers to PC.

Cannot understand why it shuts down. I now have after tonights shut down the Windows update icon in taskbar,which has automatically started to download god know what on the PC. Trouble is will it be downloaded correctly after 4 shut downs on tonight PC. it does however start from where it was shutdown. ie 29% then say 32% etc etc

i.e. Last night it shut down with only 22 % compleate tonight it started at 28 and got to 39%before it closed. Fingers crossed it is now up to 94 % hope it keeps running to the end. 98% now

Hope this all makes sence to you all. Just so disappointed i thought I would have got away from these shutdowns after Windows 98SE

Please read this with (XP teething problems) set on 28-02-03 around 09-35.

Any help will be gratefully received

Djohn 00:48 01 Mar 03

Hope you don't mind, I've placed a link to your first post, so that when they get separated, people will be able to find. Regards J.
click here

Djohn 00:52 01 Mar 03

Wrighty, click here and have a read of this thread, it may help. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…