XP home standby mode dosn't work

golfpro 16:37 27 Feb 03

what is with the standby mode in xp home when I click on this I can't re-start my computer again???

powerless 16:53 27 Feb 03

Do you mean that when you click on STAND BY it does not go into stand by mode?

Or do you mean that when the computer comes out of stand by it will not the restart when you want it to?

golfpro 17:01 27 Feb 03

I can go into stand-by mode but I can't get out of it, I end up having to re-boot.

SDJ 17:40 27 Feb 03

Yeah I get the same thing, my hibernation doesnt work either. I know this doesnt help but thought you might feel happier knowing your not the only one.

powerless 17:47 27 Feb 03

What operating system are you using?

graham 18:11 27 Feb 03

Hit any key, eg space bar, should take you out of standby.

golfpro 18:51 27 Feb 03

You can hit as many keys as you like, but it still wont start, (I just tried it) by the way as stated in my first thread OS is XP Home. try it if you don't believe me, click start>turn off computer>stand-by. and the blank screen will just stay there until you switch off completly and re-boot. surely someone els has had this problem, question is has anyone fixed it?

golfpro 19:03 27 Feb 03

Just read the book, Stand by mode is only available with XP professional, and not with Home edition.

graham 20:17 27 Feb 03

I've got XP Home, my standby works fine. The monitor should go into standby as well. Does 'Turn off' computer work?

crocodile36 21:45 27 Feb 03

I've got a similar problem, but I am just living with it. I'm running XP Home with an Athlon 2200 setup. I can put the computer into standby or hibernation but on resuming, I completely lose the use of the mouse. I just have to switch off and start again.
I have stopped using standby.
I suspect that the problem may be due to an incompatibility with Roxio CD software. I know that I had a problem saving large files with Direct CD and downloaded a patch, but this may have caused other glitches.

golfpro 07:36 28 Feb 03

Thanks a lot for the replys, I'm not the only one with this a couple of my mates have also said that their's don't work either. But why the hell does MS put it in there in the first place if it doesn't do anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…