XP Home, shutdown problem

Sapins 10:26 29 Dec 04

Twice recently I have received the following message when shutting down from Start/Turn off computer/turn off. It has shut down ok in between times.

NAVA PSVC.exe Application Error

"The instruction at "0X0040@31e" referenced memory at "0X00000000". The memory could not be read"

I have to switch off at the main switch.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Sapins.

VoG II 10:31 29 Dec 04

Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service

Try uninstalling and re-installing Norton.

Sapins 10:38 29 Dec 04

Thanks for the quick reply VoG™

I'll try that and let you know what happens, but, why has it just started to do this? it's been ok since a format and clean install of XP etc; 4 weeks ago.

Regards,

Sapins.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 29 Dec 04

have a read of this click here

Sapins 11:44 29 Dec 04

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/
Just read the thread, lot's of against and some for, I must say I have used Norton since I got my first computer, mind you this is only the second one, and I have not had a problem until now.

As I have paid for another year I think I'll continue until then and then reconsider my options.

VoG™, don't know if re-install has solved the problem yet. Shutdown ok, but, it was mostly ok before. I'll see how it goes, if the problem is still there I'll try contacting Symantec!

Thanks both for your help,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…