XP home reinstal no disk

bumpkin 16:32 25 Aug 13
Answered

Hi I wish to do a new instal of XP home on my sons PC. Valid licence key but no disk. i have looked on the web but prefer this site for advice that i can understand. As a compromise can I do a repair of XP home with a XP pro disk.

Chronos the 2nd 17:10 25 Aug 13

If you use the little envelope to contact me (next to my name) I will gladly send you a copy.

Chronos the 2nd 17:11 25 Aug 13

But I think you are out of luck doing what you have suggested. See here.

bumpkin 18:30 25 Aug 13

Thank you Chronos, I appreciate that. Having the system disk is to me always much easier than any work arounds.

Chronos the 2nd 18:37 25 Aug 13

Have you PM me yet?

bumpkin 18:43 25 Aug 13

I think so but never done it before so not sure.

Chronos the 2nd 18:59 25 Aug 13

What an absolute palaver, first of all I get a notification that you want to contact me which I have to accept before I can actually receive your message. Which I am still waiting on.

Why it has to be so convoluted I have no idea as the PM facility works very well and simply on other forums, I think it has a lot to do with control. When I get your message I will reply with a contact email and we can switch to that.

bumpkin 19:21 25 Aug 13

Chronos, you expected it to be easy??? this is PCA:-)

Chronos the 2nd 19:35 25 Aug 13

Still have not received your message, if it does not arrive I'll post a screenshot of an email address you can use to contact me and we can take it from there.

Absolute nonsense PCA.

bumpkin 19:57 25 Aug 13

Chronos, thanks for your persistence i will give it another try via the envelope.

Chronos the 2nd 19:59 25 Aug 13

Hurrah, it has landed and will be dealt with in the morning. I think I also have copy of SP3 which I will copy and throw in. It seems that Microsoft would prefer it if you install SP1 before SP3 and if I can get a copy of that, i will include it also.

But I will let you know via email once I have sorted things out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac