XP Home questions

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:57 14 Mar 03

Hi , right i wont to format my pc it has xp on but i wont to start fresh and put xp on it
but how do i get to dos on xp,and can i boot with a 98 startup disk and use the format command to format the drive it a NTFC thing file system so would a 98 floppy see the drive,i only have a restore disk so would there be any probs gettin
xp back on after i format it.

Regards

spikeychris 18:00 14 Mar 03

You don't have to bother with DOS or a Win98 disk. If you want to format for a clean re-install, simply boot from the XP CD (you will need to set the bios order to boot from the
CD) and when it finishes it's scan for previous Windows installations choose the XP partition you want to format and setup
will delete, format and do a clean install.

Chris

spikeychris 18:02 14 Mar 03

Just seen the I only have the restore disk sentence.

Just boot to the disk and restore...

Chris

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:07 14 Mar 03

Thanx spikeychris i did do a restore from the disk
and it asked it i wonted to delete every thing or just try to repair i choose the delete option but when it done all the files were the same cant see any difference.

spikeychris 18:12 14 Mar 03

Are you actually booting from the disk? have you set the BIOS to do so? If you choose a system restore from boot, then it will take your system back to factory settings.

This will remove all files etc:

Chris

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:24 14 Mar 03

Dont know if the restore disk is bootable lol that why im worried in case i cant get it back .

spikeychris 18:27 14 Mar 03

It will be. Try it and see. You will have to set the BIOS though.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…