xp home query

nobbyhigo 17 Jun 11

why has my grandson got a windows product activation popup , and it needs activating with windows . I have formatted and used the same windows disc and laptop code before and it hasnt appearsd , Why is that , thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17 Jun 11

Done it more than 3 times?

nobbyhigo 17 Jun 11

Ok so what did you have to do go with it or reformat

Just phone MS and reactivate

How to activate

they will ask if only on one machine you answer yes and they will give you the numbers, write them down carefully.

Once activated back up the activation file like this

Then if you reinstall again just copy the old activation file in again to save reactivating with MS

nobbyhigo 17 Jun 11

i have used my xp disc ,because his didnt come with one and used his own product key will that make a difference when activating thanks

Terry Brown 17 Jun 11

Provided they are the same version of XP home, the software is the same, just a different licence number, so yes you can use the number on the laptop.

Terry

nobbyhigo 17 Jun 11

Thanks .Just confirm to me please I have a genuine xp home disc .Can i use this to install on my 2 laptops witch have different product keys and will i only be able to use on the laptop that needs activating after calling microsoft thanks

1 disk 2 keys OK

its the license your paying for as long as you use the relavant product key on the correct machine there will be no problem

nobbyhigo 18 Jun 11

thanks fruibat

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message