xp home product key

stephen1978 21:56 01 Aug 08

can anyone help me plz ???

i've just installed a fresh copy of xp home on ma laptop but when i go to actived windows it tells me that the key has reached it maximin and to enter another key

is there anyway around this ???

chub_tor 22:04 01 Aug 08

If you have a legal copy of XP and it is not an OEM copy (which can only ever be installed on one machine) then you can call Microsoft and explain the situation. I have found them very helpful.

Technotiger 22:08 01 Aug 08

Have a read through this, might give you a guide ...click here

Diversion 14:07 02 Aug 08

If it's an OEM disc there should be a number for you to call when you try to activate your product, and the computer should have a bank of numbers to read out to the person who deals with your call. You tell him the numbers and he in turn then gives a bank of numbers to punch back into your computer.

Or if you are in a situation like I am (not being able to talk) you can ask Microsoft UK for another Product Key. I got a new one for my XP Pro, and now that I've gone onto Vista Ultimate Microsoft have provided with a special key for my DVD Vista disc that doesn't require activation of my product ever. And I've noticed that my updates do not include Windows Genuine Advantage, so as you can see Microsoft UK are very helpful.

Their contact address is [email protected]m or at least it was for my XP Pro, I hope that this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac