XP-HOME-PRO

eccomputers 20:08 27 Apr 03

I have a client who has 4 computers at home. He has 2 laptops and 2 desktops. Three machines are using XP professional and everything on the wireless network functions great. They can use the bt usb modem for broadband with no problem.
However, the 4th machine, a laptop has home edition and he cant seem to configure it for any internet sharing and the network doesnt seem to be working properly in that he cant see any other machines. The pcmcia network card seems fine. In network connections there just seems to be a lot of 'bridges'. I am intending to upgrade this machine to professional but before I do, would like some input...
1. will it use the drivers for devices already
installed?
2. is it likely this will resolve the network
problems as the other machines seem fine?

Many thanks

AMD 4 ever 20:37 27 Apr 03

your client...shouldn't you know these answers then? I wouldn't upgrade from home - pro...do a clean install. This does have loads more network tools/utilities so in theory it may help.
Make sure the pcmcia device is really working...I had a few all working great...replaced them and hey...voila!

flecc 22:52 27 Apr 03

Pro will use the existing drivers if you run it as an upgrade and choose to save the settings, but if you clean install you'll have to reload the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…