xp home and laptop fix for blurred txt

©®@$ђ 00:10 24 Aug 03

hi people its been a long time since ive been on.

i recall that there was a fix for laptops which had xp installed that would improve the sharpness

i can't for the life of me remeber where to start

any help would be appreciated

p.s the graphics are nvidia, is it the resolution fix or other settings to change can't remember thanks in advcance

powerless 00:14 24 Aug 03

Right click Desktop > Propeties > Apperance > Effects > "Use the following method..." > Clear Type.

©®@$ђ 00:18 24 Aug 03

thanks powerless but i have tried that and it still doesn't look as clear as i'd like any other suggestions

im sure theres some settings hidden away in xp that can be altered for the appearence or am i thinking of something else

its been a long time since i have used xp so memory isn't serving very well

Djohn 00:23 24 Aug 03

Hi ©®@$ђ, are you running at the correct resolution for the screen size? j.

©®@$ђ 00:31 24 Aug 03

i havn't the computer to hand to check that,but the screen resolution seems to be fine as everything fits nicely on the screen.and is a good size.but thats one thing to consider! thanks

i just recall that there was a fix for xp and laptops and maybe powerless has mentioned it, but that was the first thing i tried and it honestly doesn't improve much at all

its a nvidia graphics so maybe it needs the refresh rate fix, or maybe i need to change the refresh rate

what do you think

Djohn 00:42 24 Aug 03

I know that my 17" TFT has text so sharp, with or without "Clear-type, you could cut your fingers. If you change the resolution though it will go very soft and blurred.

Mine is set 1280x1025, think laptops will be the same as 15" TFT's 1025x768. could be that if you've played a game on it, it has changed the resolution, but saying that, I think it should have changed back by itself. Regards j.

©®@$ђ 00:47 24 Aug 03

thanks, that will be the first thing i check, maybe you have hit the nail on its head

i'll close this thread now, as resolved as im sure it shall be

thanks again djohn and to you too powerless.

p.s this laptops text is not sharp at all,

an example its a bit like when you have been on a computer for hours none stop, you know when your eyes start to hurt and strain well thats what it feels like when you look at it, not impressed at all, its my step dads new laptop.so just trying to improve it for him

peace!

Djohn 01:02 24 Aug 03

Yep! that could be the problem then, even though many people will prefer a CTX display over a TFT's, the one thing that can't be argued is the comfort of viewing the screen. The display is so steady you can use one for many hours without hurting your eyes. Good luck with it, hope it's just a simple fix. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…