xp home keeps restarting

ronec 22:53 03 Aug 05

when I switch on my computer, I get a message saying, " your system has recovered from a fatal error....". It gives me a choice of starting in safe mode or leaving alone and windows will start as normal. I the get a windows error repoting pop up. I report it and then a window opens telling me that ther is a conflict with a smartlik driver in serice pack 2 and I have to go into 'control panel' click modem, click properties click smartlink driver and update. The problem is that 'Smartlink does not appear on my driver list, so I cannot update it.
The computer will shut down and re-start two or three further times before it will work properly.I use a broadband modem supplied by 'Wanadoo', but when I check their instalation disc I cannot find any driver dtails.
My computer has only just started doing this even though I have been on broadband for almost twelve months. I have also used Windows 'System Restore' to take my computer back to before the problem occured, but with no luck.

ronec 19:34 04 Aug 05

when I switch on my computer, I get a message saying, " your system has recovered from a fatal error....". It gives me a choice of starting in safe mode or leaving alone and windows will start as normal. I the get a windows error repoting pop up. I report it and then a window opens telling me that ther is a conflict with a smartlik driver in serice pack 2 and I have to go into 'control panel' click modem, click properties click smartlink driver and update. The problem is that 'Smartlink does not appear on my driver list, so I cannot update it. The computer will shut down and re-start two or three further times before it will work properly.I use a broadband modem supplied by 'Wanadoo', but when I check their instalation disc I cannot find any driver dtails. My computer has only just started doing this even though I have been on broadband for almost twelve months. I have also used Windows 'System Restore' to take my computer back to before the problem occured, but with no luck.

Joe R 19:41 04 Aug 05

click here

try installing the updated modem driver from this link. click here

ronec 19:22 05 Aug 05

thanks joe r. The site re-directed me to the NetoDragon website which is the one listed in my properties list. Smartlink is sometimes mistaken for Netodragon by windows apparently. I will not know if it has cured it until I restart tomorrow. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…