XP home keeping restart

fat 20:30 21 Oct 03

my friend machine xp home keeping restart, when it put it in safe mode, its not restart.

Could anyone suggest the method to solve it?

Rich 22:48 21 Oct 03

Has your friend just installed Roxio CD creator. If so, go to Roxio and download latest updates. Without updates the XP computer will just recycle on and restarts for ever.

Rich 22:48 21 Oct 03

Has your friend just installed Roxio CD creator. If so, go to Roxio and download latest updates. Without updates the XP computer will just recycle on and restarts for ever.

DAG88 23:05 21 Oct 03

Have you got an anti-virus?

sounds like the MS Blast Worm to me
if you get a message that looks somthing like, "an important process has been terminated, windows must shut dwon in ..." and a countdown then it is definatly the MS Blast Worm.
To avoid getting it again, use a firewall

when i disable my firewall I usually get it once every half hour

fat 10:52 22 Oct 03

My friend is running nero burning software. and it not showing any message before it restart. Therefore, I think It could be the driver inside was problems. Would anyone could tell me how to find it out and fix it.

Jester2K II 11:02 22 Oct 03

when i disable my firewall I usually get it once every half hour

Er - try installing the patch from MS for this exploit and then you won't get it at all Firewall or no Firewall.

fat 22:14 22 Oct 03

Thanks to all of you

I went to my friend home and check with her computer, I think it crash because the tft driver had been corrupt.

I run the xp setup and re-setup again. It is back to normal now.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…