XP Home and IIS / Personal Web Server

Batch 09:20 29 Nov 05

At long last I'm about to take the plunge and get an machine with XP, now that it has had time to bed-in ;).

The machine I expect to get comes preloaded with XP Home. As XPHome does not come with Internet Information Services / Personal Web Server (unlike XP Pro which comes with IIS 5, I believe).

Does anyone know which earlier versions of IIS, if any, will work Ok with XP Home?

w1z8rd 21:52 29 Nov 05

try here click here tbh there was a few results all the same by typing IIS + xp home into google but it does seem to be a bit involved and not guaranteed, can you upgrade to pro instead?

Batch 10:05 30 Nov 05

Thanks W1z8rd.

Interesting, but I've got an earlier version of PWS (not sure if it's IIS3 or 4) that is adequate for my needs and came with Win98 (WinME didn't come with PWS and so I've used the Win98 PWS under ME and it works fine, in spite of MS saying it is untested / unsupported).

I was wondering anyone knows an old version like this works OK onder XP Home?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…