Xp home icon cache

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:58 17 Feb 04

Hey, i want to add icons to xp home i got the icons i wont but i cant find were the default icon cache is located,any one know?.I wanna cahnge tackbar colours and all icons i got the software but dont know where to put it.

anon1 15:04 17 Feb 04

right click a blank screen and choose properties then desktop then customise. You can add icons from there.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:13 17 Feb 04

Yep that is how u usually do it but i wont to add new icons and i need to put them where windows has then so when i do rightclick the icons i added are available cos at the mo they not showing up.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:18 17 Feb 04

Shouls say that i have looked in c:/windows/resouces/themes(also icons,boot
and i know they should be in there but the .dll file and the system/visual sytle file wont show even tho i placd them there.The icon file is there but not available in the right clcik menu from desktop.

anon1 15:21 17 Feb 04

when you get to the icon option to "change icon" click the browse button and browse to the location/folder where you have placed them on your pc. It does not need dll's or anything else. Just put the icons in a folder eg "icons" and browse to it.

pc moron 15:27 17 Feb 04

Right click the desktop, select Properties> Desktop> Customize Desktop.

By selecting an Icon and then clicking Change Icon, you'll see that Windows stores the files in different places.

I'd be careful about replacing the defaults with some third party software.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:35 17 Feb 04

What i wont to do is change all icons for all objects hdd.floppy disk, files the lot not just one thing and i need the .dll file and icon system file for windows so i can change the way xp looks
,know i can change an icon but i wont the whole lot boot screen welcome screen the lot.If i right click i can cutomise but only the default windows ones are there what i want to do is add the ones i have to wherever the defaults are so i get the lot instead of just the xp ones.I know im a pain lol.

anon1 16:19 17 Feb 04

Ok have it your way. I have just done a search using start/search and guess what!!!
Oh what the hell go look and see if that is what you are after.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:39 17 Feb 04

Ok i understand what u mean but the way u say only allows u to change icons for certain things i wont to change icons for all windows files,folders really change the GUI interface not just 2 or 3 folders.

anon1 17:11 17 Feb 04

my last post indicated where you can find the cache but you choose not to see it. If you really want to mess with windows to that depth then I can only say that unless you are absolutely certain about what you are doing then be prepared to start rebuilding windows. You are on your own.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:29 17 Feb 04

Thx i have sorted this changed what i wanted boot screen welcome screen and all the icons and colours it looks sweet and wasnt even that hard,and yes i did know what i was doing just couldnt find the cache for the default xp setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…