XP Home hangs at Logo screen

JCElm 15:24 18 Jun 05

When I turn on my Pc it gets to the Windows Logo screen it hangs,if I reset and try safemode or any other mode the same thing happens it hangs before it initializes the keyboard or the command line.
I installed a new Hard drive tried to reinstall XP but the same thing happend. I presume it's a hadware problem but where do I start?

Joe R 15:28 18 Jun 05

JCElm,

are youi nstalling the drive on it's own, or as a slave to another drive with windows on it.?

JCElm 15:47 18 Jun 05

I tried the new drive as solo

Joe R 15:52 18 Jun 05

JCElm,

you will have to install windows on the drive to be able to access it.

Place your windows cd in the cd drive, and boot into the bios, in the advanced bios options, select the cd-rom as the first boot device, Save and exit, after booting to cd, this will give you your partition/format and setup options.

JCElm 18:02 18 Jun 05

I tried all the things you suggested already, when it tried to load XP it hangs at the checking system screen I waited for nearly 2 hrs then gave up.

JCElm 17:31 29 Jun 05

The problem was a faulty network card, which was not in use as I now use a router.
The PC was in the repair shop for 2 weeks.
Cost £130
Thanks Everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…