XP Home and a few niggly problems

StellaArtois63 13:32 01 Dec 03

I have recently purchased a new computor with XP home and I have a couple of problems which niggle me, the first one being MSN messenger starts up when the pc starts up and I have changed the option not to on the preferences and also on the msconfig start up page but alas it continues to. Another problem is I have shared accounts set up and when I used winmx on my log on its perfect but my son cant use it on his, when I play a game on mine again its ok but it wont run properly on his log on. The other problem is on my list of add or remove programs there is a huge blank space between Microsoft Auto route express and Microsoft money any ideas to these problems will be greatly appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 13:41 01 Dec 03

messenger - there is an option somewhere in Outlook Express to log on to Messenger when starting OE - check that it is unticked.

The other two I can't help with (I have given up on XP...).

StellaArtois63 14:58 01 Dec 03

What a Divvy, I have solved the one about WINMX that was due to the internet security but as yet have been unable to sort the others out.

Diodorus Siculus 16:17 01 Dec 03

Did you look at the options in OE for logging on to messanger when you start OE?

StellaArtois63 01:41 02 Dec 03

I did have a quick look but could not find the option.As I had to go to work I will have a look in the morning when I have some more time to look at it.Thank you

temp003 04:22 02 Dec 03

In OE, click Tools > Windows Messenger > Options > Preferences. General > untick "Run this program when windows starts" and untick "Allow this program to run in the background". Click OK.

Diodorus Siculus 08:25 02 Dec 03

In Outlook Express go to tools->options

Then uncheck "Automatically log on to MSN Messenger Service"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…