xp home edition where to buy cheap??

frasernet 21:09 17 Aug 04

can anyone advise where a friend of mine can buy a genuine copy of windows xp home? i bought it when it came out, i just assume that there is somewhere on line that can supply it very cheap by now. any ideas??

harriesben 21:27 17 Aug 04

It depends whether or not you want the full version. If so (and I would recommend so!), then I would consider getting an OEM version (unboxed, etc).

The only drawback to this is that you will need to purchase a hard drive or processor, but when you consider that the cost of the s/w is only £55, then you may want to get a second hard drive as well!!

Check out click here anyway! Hope it helps :)

stalion 21:39 17 Aug 04

your link is not working!

frasernet 21:49 17 Aug 04

yes to a full version but just want to use existing hardware. any more ideas?

ventanas 21:54 17 Aug 04

harriesben is correct in what he says. If you do not want to purchase a qualifying item of non-peripheral hardware then you must purchase a full retail copy of XP. If you do go the OEM route with hardware, that hardware must be installed into your computer, and remain there. To purchase and use an OEM version any other way is illegal.

tloti 21:55 17 Aug 04

go to e-bay - i did and very successful it was/is too! have fun.

xxxxx
tloti O-))

SEASHANTY 00:14 18 Aug 04

Just check if this CCL link works
click here

Belatucadrus 01:14 18 Aug 04

click here doesn't look like they've got home at the moment, but worth keeping an eye on.

ste_bla 04:47 18 Aug 04

Surely as you have to buy an OEM product with a pc item such as hdd/cpu/etc if you sold it with the exact item it would be allowed?

sidecar sid 07:16 18 Aug 04
  accord 08:38 18 Aug 04

click here

click here

These guys both do XP home OEM around £60

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…