XP Home - The dreaded 'blue screen'!

MartynHoll 09:45 07 Feb 03

I have been using XP Home from it's launch and I am very pleased with it, but just recently I have been seeing the 'blue screen'.
It happens about 1 in 5 times and is quite often on shut down (but not always). There is lots of text telling me that this could a driver or hardware and some other instructions. About 2/3 of the way down the screen there is a string of code and it then tells me it is dumping the memory or something like that.
I have not studied the detail on the screen (as you can tell!)and the only way out of is to hit the PC reset button - the PC restarts and all is well (as though nothing has happened!)
Can anyone tell me where I should be looking or a procedure to rectify this?

AndySD 10:10 07 Feb 03

Dont worry about the memory dump..... can you note down some of the error message next time and tell us what it is. If its the Drivers can you tell us Your Motherboard chipset (ie VIA) your soundcard and video card....(if your not sure this free little program will tell you click here )

gilla 10:29 07 Feb 03

Thanks AndySD I've just downloaded that belaric prog. and I have details of my pc I never knew about.

MartynHoll 10:49 07 Feb 03

Thanks. I have downloaded the program and I will update the thread once I have the info from the next 'blue screen'

Djohn 10:53 07 Feb 03

gilla, if you have downloaded (that belaric prog.) can you let us know if it's better than Belarc? ;o)

Andsome 11:35 07 Feb 03

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! that was sarcastic

gilla 12:02 07 Feb 03

Djohn thanks for the laugh I am a silly-billy

MartynHoll 22:51 18 Feb 03

I have just had my next 'blue screen' the following message came up:-

xxxSTOP: (0x83F772A0,0x00000000,0x00000000,ox00000000)

Does this give any clues?

beeuuem 23:12 18 Feb 03

This says it a disaster,though you'll need a better man than me to explain it in English. click here

JoeC 09:32 19 Feb 03

here - a bit down the page.

click here

MartynHoll 09:35 19 Feb 03

Thanks for that - it's seems like memory corruption! can anyone help on how to resolve this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…