//some 3rd party need geo

xp home creating database

daidash 08:57 03 Aug 04

Please could you advise on a good easy to follow book on creating and using database in windows xp home.
Thank you Daidash

TomJerry 10:29 03 Aug 04

Once you get a database software, you can pick up a relevent book for it. There are many many to chose from. "Complete Idiots Guide to ???" is normally a good start book.

daidash 11:10 03 Aug 04

Does this mean you cannot create a database from xp without software

pj123 11:48 03 Aug 04

daidash, yes that is correct. You need a database application. A good one for a beginner is something like Microsoft Works which contains a Wordprocessor, a Spreadsheet and a (flat file) Database. MS Access is far too complicated for a a beginner. I also have a few copies of "Supreme Office Suite" which is free. Although I have never used it I believe it has a Wordprocessor, Spreadsheet and Database which are supposed to be compatible with Microsoft. If you want one please email me your address and I will post one out to you.

TommyRed 12:21 03 Aug 04

My XP home came with Microsoft Works already pre-installed, and within this was a database program. Check in your 'All Programs' list to see if you already have it. HTH TR

daidash 14:01 03 Aug 04

Thank to all who helped I have found a database in works and WHS using excel for beginners seem quite easy to follow..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…