XP home crashing in middle of DVD burn

Ive 21:16 02 Aug 04

I have a Lite-on combo SOHC-5232K as my master drive which uses Microsoft driver version 5.1.2535.0 and a Lite-on DVDRW +/- SOHW-812S as my slave which also uses the same driver. Every time I get to the burn stage the burn starts and then machine crashes, always at different percentages into the burn. When system restarts I get a Microsoft error report to send which Includes somthing like
(C:\windows\minidump\mini080104-01.dmp
C:\docume~1\ivor\locals~1\temp\wer3.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml)which I send and it comes back saying possibly a device driver fault.Had this once before and thought it was the burner which I took back to PC World and they changed and it worked for a while now same problem again.There doesnt seem to be any other drivers out there so do you think I should back the burner and get somthing else or what.Device manager shows no conflicts.Any ideas.Done a XP reload today and re-installed all microsoft updates but still same.

stalion 21:19 02 Aug 04

how much memory on your computer?

Ive 21:22 02 Aug 04

248 mb of ram.Is that what you after cos I get a bit confused there.

stalion 21:27 02 Aug 04

512mb is better for making movies and burning,not saying this definately your problem but it is possible

hubdean 21:35 02 Aug 04

Are all your drivers signed by microsoft
i have xp and mine crashes due to a unsigned driver it can crash at any time. mine was my camra driver
my even be your modem driver
when mine crashes it says modem driver in need of update ??
make shure all and i mean all drivers are signed
But having said this Mine crashed on the first day i got it
Just after i turned it on ????
good luck

hubdean 21:37 02 Aug 04

Are all your drivers signed by microsoft
i have xp and mine crashes due to a unsigned driver it can crash at any time. mine was my camra driver
my even be your modem driver
when mine crashes it says modem driver in need of update ??
make shure all and i mean all drivers are signed
But having said this Mine crashed on the first day i got it
Just after i turned it on ????
good luck

Ive 21:40 02 Aug 04

I tried disconecting the master while burning but no difference.Would agree with what your saying but before the lite-on burner I done a mass of films on a Richo dvd+ burner on this system no bother til the drive gave out and I had to get a new one.

stalion 21:42 02 Aug 04

have you checked your current drive for compatability with xp on the microsoft site

Ive 21:45 02 Aug 04

Where do I go for that and what do I do.

Ive 21:47 02 Aug 04

drivers are digitally signed by microsoft publisher.

stalion 21:52 02 Aug 04

go to windows help.click on find compatible hardware.when you get to the site click on hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…