XP Home Activation .. 'Too many times'

Mr. Chips 16:26 27 Jan 06

I have a broken machine and when I try to activate the XP Home it tells me that I have done this too many times.

I will admit that I stretch my machine to the point that it becomes unstable ... so I start again.

What do I have to do to get the activation to work .... any ideas.

I am happy to talk to Microsoft and explain ... but where do I get their number from please?

Or is there an easier option that speaking to them?

regards

Skyver 16:28 27 Jan 06

uk? try 0800 018 8354

Mr. Chips 16:30 27 Jan 06

Thanks

I will never get used to the fantastic response that one gets on this forum ... it is unbelievable ... thank you.

Chegs ®™ 16:33 27 Jan 06

If you run XP thru the online activation,it will eventually lead you to a screen with a box for you to select your country,where-upon it then produces the telephone number for you to phone and you then get to input a 40+ number into the phone(also displayed onscreen)and if this fails,you then get to speak to a call-centre in India where you give the MS voice the 40+ numbers and they will give you another 40+ numbers in groups of six for you to type into the spaces provided on the failed activation screen.

Skyver 16:34 27 Jan 06

No problem, glad to help.

g0nvs 19:28 27 Jan 06

Had to Re-Activate twice in the last fortnight, due to changing PC hardware about. Phoning MS was painless and was all sorted out in under ten minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…