XP Home activation

accord 21:41 06 May 04

My partner has got a new pc but upon loading XP Home the activation screen hasnt popped up as yet.
I know that you have 30 days to activate but as she isnt online (as yet) I cant seem to access the activation menu. Im sure its hidden somewhere but i cant find it.

As always, your help is very much appreciated.

Djohn 21:45 06 May 04

Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/activate.

accord 21:57 06 May 04

Djohn

Thank you.....but.....if it isnt there, how do i activate manually???

Cheers

TECHNODIMWIT 22:05 06 May 04

May be the manufacturer has already activated the software, therefore saving you the slight inconvenience.

mark

accord 22:08 06 May 04

TECHNODIMWIT

Maybe. i was thinking that, as its an HP, you never know.

Anyway, I should have looked at the M$ site first before posting this by hey ho.

click here

Thanks for your help.

accord 22:10 06 May 04

Which customers will be required to activate?

All customers who purchase retail packaged products or a new PC from an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) will be required to activate the software. The software on a new PC from an OEM may be activated in the factory.

Taken from M$ website click here

TECHNODIMWIT 22:21 06 May 04

If\When you need to reload from scratch, activation should be harmless, as it has been activated once. As long as no components have been changed.

hugh-265156 23:06 06 May 04

you can check to see if its already activated.just click:

start/run and type:

oobe/msoobe /a

click ok.

colrobs 00:20 07 May 04

I have just purchased a new Dell pc and have had the same concern. Their online support confirmed that it had been activated. Since you have not been prompted to activate the product I would guess that that it has already been done by the manufacturer.

Col.

deke 01:24 07 May 04

My new dell must have been activated at the factory as well

:)

accord 07:01 07 May 04

huggyg71

You are a superstar,

Thanks to all others for their replies,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…