XP home account desktops

krisspy 21:16 06 Aug 03

Any help welcomed
am I being stupid. Is there a way to keep my desktop items, shortcuts ect on my desktop only.
under my settings at present my wifes screen is littered with shortcuts to various programs she dosent need. I am set as administrator and she as limited user. If I delete a shortcut from her screen it also disapears from mine.
This is under xp home.
She also insists on using "incredimail" which will insist on launching every time i log in.
Any help welcomed

Jester2K II 21:22 06 Aug 03

Under your account right click Start menu and select Explore All Users.

There will be folders under Documents and Settings for All Users, one for you and one for your wife. Under each account is a Desktop folder. Any icons in your Desktop folder appear on your desktop. Any icons in your wifes Desktop folder appear on your wifes desktop. Any icons in All USers Desktop folder appear on everyones desktop.

Move them as you see fit.

Also check All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and see if the Incredimail icon is there. if so move to your wifes Startup folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…