xp has brought me woes since...

OUSCA 19:44 23 May 04

since the advent of xp on my pc..
1) I CAN'T INSTALL ANY SOFTWARE. WHILE INSTALLER IS RUNNING, ERROR MESSAGE: " ERROR 1311.SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND:D:\X {PATH NAME OF INTENDED INSTALL}... message then directs "CONSULT WINDOWS INSTALLER HELP msi.chm or MSDN
2)WITH MY 256Kb "broadband..telewest blueyonder" internet addition, I keep getting a dos interface on desktop after start up, command line showing among others.."connection to horsesaft.com failed...scv.host.exe....
3)intermitent error message " application has encountered problem / error running application..sending error report etc.
I AM TIRED! IT'S ALL HOLDING UP MY PC USE!

Epocs 19:46 23 May 04

Have you tried re-installing windows? Or using a differant OS?

AndySD 19:51 23 May 04

horsesaft.com leads nowhere so I suspect you have caught something. Do you have a virus checker...if not use the free one online click here

Mikè 19:54 23 May 04

Ok you need to goto start/programs/accessories and open a comand propmt, then type in sfc /scannow

You will need to have your xp cd ready, any corrupt windows files will be replaced.

When typing in the sfc comand note there is a space between the c and /

Mikè 20:04 23 May 04

Should say command prompt....

VoG II 20:09 23 May 04

ERROR 1311 occurs when the installer cannot read from the CD drive. Have you tried cleaning the drive using a proprietary cleaning disk?

Graham ® 21:00 23 May 04

horseaft.com is a clue.

OUSCA 21:49 23 May 04

thx guys, I shall be trying all your recmndtns.. I'll fill u'all in 1/2ta...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…