Xp Hangs for no reason after post

mulva42 15:41 30 Dec 04

Hi all, I have never came across xp hanging and never recovering at boot up, it passes POST then sits were you see the bar going round and round,I loaded the software myself and ran okay, then 5 days later it started hanging, I can do a system restore through safe mode which I have done with no luck, why should it all of sudden do this?????HD knackered?mmmmm I wonder.or maybe its cause I have it loaded it onto a Dell optiplex Gx/pentium 2/128mg memory. im tempted to start off again with a bigger drive 40g, but thought i would ask around 1st,i have seached the forum for prev threads but nothing that helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 30 Dec 04

Hanging at this point is usually a driver problem.

See if it will boot in safe mode (F8 while booting) if so then definately a driver.

Start by unistalling / reinstalling / updating your graphics driver if that doesn't work move on to the other drivers.

Forum Editor 15:47 30 Dec 04

it's an indication that there may be a driver problem, although the fact that the machine ran for 5 days before this started is odd. Have to added any hardware or other software during that period?

mulva42 15:57 30 Dec 04

only added norton anti virus, will go back and go through drivers.thanks

JIM 16:24 30 Dec 04

If you only have 128mg of memory your at the bottom of the speck requirements for running norton anti virus.The startup programs for nortons are many.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…