XP hangs during install

Aski 23:23 29 Jan 04

I am having major problem with the install of windows xp. It copies the files across then hangs when it reaches the "setup is starting windows" bit. I have a Syntax SV266A motherboard and an Athlon XP2000 Processor and 256MB Ram. I have tried using different memory, a different processior (Duron 1.4), loaded the failsafe defaults in the bios, adjusted all the necessary settings in the bios, tried different configurations for booting in the bios all to no avail. I have also cleared the CMOS. It just will not install. I have also tried 3 different hard drives - all work on my other xp machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

©®@$? 23:42 29 Jan 04

you havnt said which graphics card you got

i ask as i had this problem years ago and it was an elsa gladiac 511 graphics card which was the fault

just not compatible with xp,well they wern't

©®@$? 23:43 29 Jan 04

could be dirty cd, or try the 6 floppy startup disks you can get from microsoft, instead of booting off the cd, that loads the files on, see if you can get past that part your stuck on, and then continue with the cd

pc moron 01:17 30 Jan 04

Have a look here click here

Aski 08:30 30 Jan 04

I'm using a Radeon which works fine in my other machine. CD was brand new out of packet, and the other CD is also new. (Both OEM so no floppy's came with them). Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…