xp gone wierd

LivEviL 23:31 30 Oct 05

ok its me again its just problemafter problem with me people! but after uninstalling alcohol 120% and norton internet security then reinstalling norton i get this message at the start up welcome window
'Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. '

then i get another message which says it will not remember any of my settings when i log off!

it has then taken half of my desktop off and all my customized settings on the desktop and start bar are missing! whats happend? and how can i make good?

many thanks

Alf58 23:36 30 Oct 05

Have you tried using system restore?

LivEviL 23:37 30 Oct 05

how do u do that?

Alf58 23:40 30 Oct 05

Go to Control Panel,click on the performance and maintenance icon then on the left hand side of your open window you should see "system restore". Click on it and it will guide you through the process.

LivEviL 23:45 30 Oct 05

there isnt a performance and maintanace icon! just looked in my documents and every thing has gone! everything!

LivEviL 23:47 30 Oct 05

just found it hope for the best

Alf58 23:56 30 Oct 05

well what happened? I cant go to bed till I know!!

LivEviL 23:56 30 Oct 05

well once again this forum has saved my computer life! yep it worked thanks very much! i think im just gonna go and sit on my hands to stop me from breaking the computer anymore!
thank u

Alf58 23:57 30 Oct 05

I am glad to have helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…