xp gone doo-lally!

LivEviL 22:15 15 Nov 05

right my Gf computers just gone mad! so i kindly volintiered to fix it!

simptoms-

right apparently it got a virus last night! today when its been booted up it goes to the screen askin you to select safe mode,safe mode network,open windows normaly ect ect! when u press return oh any of the options it goes to start xp home then it suddenly flashes a blue screen with some writing but then restarts and then back to the option screen, i dont know what the blue screen says as it flashes pretty quick! it looks to me that either the hard drive has a bad sector from the virus and that its wiped somthing in the system32 file? i have herons boot disk so i can get all the software off the hard drive if i need to reinstall the whole OS-but thats a last resort does anyone have any other ideas?

its a HP xp home P4 thats about as much as i can tell u at the moment

VoG II 22:18 15 Nov 05

Repair click here

Spelling click here

woodchip 22:19 15 Nov 05

if he does not have docs files that matter. you could just run restore discs

woodchip 22:21 15 Nov 05

I like it. Keep up the good work. I have just come in and been doing some Work!!!!????

LivEviL 22:23 15 Nov 05

spelling? gee u lot are good on here u can correct my spelling and fix my pc (i hope)

dont i need to know what file it is i have to repair first so that when i go into repair i know what file to repair?

VoG II 22:25 15 Nov 05

Nope, just follow the tutorial that I posted.

We are not communicating via mobile phones so we can type out words in full - there is no reason to abbreviate.

jbp1982 22:26 15 Nov 05

system restore tap f10 when ya turn the computer on.

woodchip 22:32 15 Nov 05

It gets better

jbp1982 22:44 15 Nov 05

IBTD @TEOTD FAWC click here

LivEviL 22:50 15 Nov 05

ok that repairing thing didnt work! none of those options happened when i pressed R it came up with a dos screen

i finally caught what the flashing blue screen said

quote ' c00002218 {Reg File Failre}
the registry cannot load hive (file) : SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY

file is corrup or log

making any sense to any one?

woodchip 22:52 15 Nov 05

This may help

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…